San choy bau is a timeless Chinese recipe we all love. This twist on our old favourite is not only tasty, it’s great for your heart – win-win!
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 500g turkey mince (can be changed to pork)
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 200g can water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat peanut oil and cook mince for 5 minutes or until well browned. Add ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and water chestnuts. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring to combine ingredients.
- Remove from heat, drizzle with sesame oil, then stir through green onions and coriander.
- Serve in lettuce cups.