As a diabetes sufferer, I’m always looking for something that’s tasty with low carbs. I love my cheese too so I know I need to watch how much I eat but when I came across this recipe from a friend, I couldn’t resist making it.
Zucchinis are delicious in bakes but who knew just adding cheese and grilling them could really be so delicious?
Over comes my friend with a batch of these zucchini chips and wow, they are a winner.
What a fantastic idea. If you’ve been trying to add more veges to your diet, then why not try these?
They make a great side or a fantastic low carb snack.
- Canola oil spray
- 2 zucchini (medium size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- Black pepper and salt to taste
Note: a sprinkle of minced garlic tastes great too!
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 5mm thick pieces
- Cover the zucchini with the oil and in a separate bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, salt, and a bit of pepper.
- Dip each slice into the mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini pieces until browned and crisp – about 25 to 30 minutes.
To submit one of your own recipes to share with the Starts at 60 community, click here.