The cooler weather is nearly done for the year but before you decide to put your slow cooker away, we have one last dish for you to enjoy. The recipe may sound very simple but the flavours will have you coming back for seconds.
Prep time: 25 minutes – Cook time: 6 hours – Serves: 4 people
- 1kg steak cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 400g canned crushed tomato
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 500g green beans cut into pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut steak into 2.5cm cubes. Coat beef cubes in flour.
- Heat fry pan and add oil then brown the beef.
- Add all ingredients into slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with jacket potatoes or mash.
Tell us, what is your favourite slow-cooker recipe?