We’ve all heard of lemon pies but what about coffee lemon pies? This recipe is so sweet and has that great coffee taste in it too.
My grandma gave me this recipe and it’s an absolute winner every time. I remember eating it in her kitchen while we giggled at my granddad snoring.
Why not make it for your friends or family this weekend?
- 8-inch or 9-inch uncooked pastry case
- 120g lemon butter
- 120g butter/margarine
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 tbsp coffee essence
- White glace icing to decorate
- Line pie plate with pastry
- Spread lemon butter over base
- Cream margarine and sugar, add eggs separately
- Fold in flour and add coffee essence
- Spread over lemon butter
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees till it rises and is firm to touch
- Decorate with white glace icing
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.