A warm bowl of soup is always a nice treat during winter. You’ll never want to buy the readymade stuff again after trying this homemade recipe. It’s also a great soup to freeze and reheat another day. The parmesan toasties are an added bonus!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 350g chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomato
- Diced carrot
- 2 bay leaves
- 400g can white (cannelloni) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- Pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Sourdough sliced bread
- Butter, melted
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil, onion and garlic. Cook until transparent.
- Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomato puree, tomatoes, bay leaves, beans, sugar and seasoning then bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, add pasta and simmer for 10 minutes or until al dente. Serve with toasties.
- Brush bread with melted butter
- Sprinkle Parmesan as desired and bake at 200C, until golden
Tell us, what type of soup do you like to make? Will you try this recipe?