Tis’ the season for rum balls! We know you probably all have a classic rum ball recipe that is considered the best ever but we’ve got a new recipe to impress your guests this holiday season. With just 6 ingredients, this recipe will definitely be a stand out dessert and satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
Chocolate and rum – what is not to love!
Ingredients – 30 rum balls
- 1/4 cup (50g) chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum
- 3/4 cup (65g) desiccated coconut
- 2 cups (about 300g) chocolate cake crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate sprinkles, to coat
Methods – 20 minute prep
- Combine the raisins and 1 tablespoon of rum in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to macerate.
- Place raisin mixture, remaining rum, coconut, cake crumbs and condensed milk in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Line oven tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on the tray.
- Place chocolate sprinkles on a plate. Roll each rum ball to in sprinkles to coat. Place in airtight container and store in fridge.
What’s your favourite Christmas dessert? Do you make rum balls every year?