These muffins will be a smash hit at your house when you bake them.
Smell that beautiful aroma as it wafts through your house – we can’t guarantee your neighbours won’t come over!
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 125g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 100ml buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk choc bits
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole, 125ml (1/2-cup) capacity muffin tin with butter or line with paper cases.
- Sift the self-raising flour, caster sugar and cocoa into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Stir in the choc bits and blueberries, reserving some of the berries to scatter on top of the muffins.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tin so the holes are three-quarters full. Sprinkle with the extra caster sugar and reserved berries. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, until the muffins are firm with a crusty top.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.