Love carrot cake? Here is a cheat recipe that allows you to eat cake and not feel so guilty!
The ingredients and steps are simple. You may already have them at home!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 1hr 30 minutes
Total Time: 1hr 35 minutes
- 500 g grated carrots
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 300 g almond meal
- 60 ml macadamia nut oil or your choice or cold pressed coconut oil or quality butter
- 160 g organic maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 160 C.
- Combine carrot, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond meal, oil, honey, raisins and baking powder.
- Mix well until combined.
- Pour into a prepared 20 cm baking tin.
- Bake for 1 – 1½ hours or until cooked through.
- Cover if necessary with foil.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the tin then turn out.
- Serve alone or topped with thick natural yoghurt or topping of your choice.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days – it freezes well too!
- Serves 16.
Recipe from TheHealthyChef.com
How do you make your best carrot cake?