Make your own muesli squares with this simple recipe. It’s loaded with dried food and baked to crisp perfection. Next time you’re looking for a snack, these banana muesli squares will satisfy your sweet craving.
Prep: 10 minutes – Cook: 20 minutes – Serves: 24 pieces
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 85g (1/2 cup) dried apricots, finely chopped
- 35g (1/2 cup) dried apple, finely chopped
- 90g (1/2 cup) sultanas)
- 85g (1/2 cup) natural almonds or macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 80g (1/2 cup) sunflower seed kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (about 370g) bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 3cm-deep, 26 x 16cm (base measurement) slice pan. Line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang. Combine the oats, dried apricot, dried apple, sultanas, almond or macadamia, sunflower seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine the banana, tahini and egg in a small bowl. Add to the oat mixture. Stir until well combined. Spoon into the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and firm to touch. Use a sharp knife to score the slice into 24 squares. Set aside in the pan to cool completely. Cut into pieces.
Have you ever made your own muesli squares? What is your favourite snack? Share with us below!