This is healthy twist on a lazy Sunday morning favourite. Team with a cup or tea or coffee and you could have yourself the perfect nourishing treat, to enjoy guilt free!
Makes approximately 12 pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed baked sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk or soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana, diced
- 1 170 gram container of plain non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Mix the baking powder, salt, flour and brown sugar together in a bowl.Following this, add the egg, sweet potato, milk and mix until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the diced banana and cinnamon.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the yoghurt, peanut butter, milk and honey while the pan is heating up, set aside.
- Drop the pancake batter into the pan so that the pancakes are approximately 3 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes until they begin to bubble (approximately two minutes). Flip the pancakes and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Place the desired quantity of pancakes onto a plate and pour the pre-made sauce on top. Serve with slices of banana or other fresh fruit and some chopped nuts.