The sweet and savoury flavours of this Mediterranean dish make it an awesome choice for lunch or dinner.
These orange-skinned veggies are also brimming with Vitamin C, potassium and beta-carotene, which are great for keeping you regular and nourishing your whole body.
Here’s how to make the best little meal that’s also good for you.
- 2 sweet potatoes, washed
- 50g feta cheese, cubed
- 30g black olives, pitted and chopped
- 30g sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to take
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork and place them directly on middle oven rack.
- Bake until the sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a knife and cooked through – about 45-60 minutes depending on size. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, make the topping. Mix together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and set aside until the sweet potatoes are done.
- Slice sweet potatoes down the centre then top with feta mixture and serve.