Try this fresh crab and avocado dip with crispy tortilla chips. Not only is it delicious but it is also gluten free!
Prep: 30 minutes – Cook: 15 minutes – Serves: 6
Ingredients & Method
- 4 firm but ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, mash the avocados, sour cream, 2 tablespoons of lime juice and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Then, spoon the avocado mixture evenly into the bottom of a clear glass serving bowl forming an even layer and smooth the top.
- 500g fresh crabmeat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 medium red chilli, finely chopped
Squeeze the crabmeat gently to exude any excess liquid. In another bowl, mix the crabmeat, mayonnaise, sliced basil, chilli and remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Season the crab with salt and pepper. Then, spoon the crab mixture over the avocado mixture, forming a second even layer and smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate the dip until ready to serve.
- Canola oil, for deep frying
- 12 fresh corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish