This fluffy souffle recipe is the perfect amount of sweet. Check out this brilliant apricot and honey recipe. It’s easier to make than you might think. You are in for a real treat!
Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar (superfine)
- 4 fresh medium apricots (200g)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 tbsps honey
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease six 180ml souffle dishes. Sprinkle inside of dishes with caster sugar and place dishes on oven tray.
- Place apricots in small heatproof bowl, cover with bowling water and stand 2 minutes. Drain; cool for 5 minutes. Peel and seed apricots; chop flesh finely.
- Place in small saucepan with remaining caster sugar, water and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until apricots are softened to a jam-like consistency.
- Then beat egg whites into a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add hot apricot mixture, beating until just combined. Spoon mixture into dishes.
- Bake souffles for 15 minutes, dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Tell us, have you ever tried to make a souffle? Did it turn out okay?