1. Parrots or cockatoos dancing to rock music, OK, very silly, but still makes me laugh.
2. Sun on my face, especially in mid Winter when I am feeling extremely old and spent.
3. Laughing with friends at some mundane joke fuelled by a wine or two. Friday night special.
4. Watching a toddler eating pasta, or chocolate pudding. Especially when the toddler is no longer mine!~
5. Hearing my children complain about the teenager in their house, and being happy they are IN THEIR HOUSE.
6. Finding the cat has put herself to bed in the spare room and will not be purring and clawing me for one night.
7. Having a meal I cooked in the freezer that is perfect when someone arrives unexpectedly.
8. Eating freshly baked cake….. a reward for cleaning up the mess I making it has involved.
9. Marzipan chocolate from Aldi; Any chocolate from Aldi; in fact any chocolate!
10. A hug from someone, ….anyone will do.
11. Drinking champagne with our daughter when she comes to visit. Bliss.
12. Clean sheets and a dust free bedroom…the dust free is rare.
13. Having a free day, when I can paint, or cook, or write, still get a thrill as they used to be so unusual.