Here is my 13 for Thursday. The things that I learnt from my mother… Maybe some of these are familiar to you too?
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
‘If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.’
2. My mother taught me RELIGION .
‘You better pray that this will come out of the carpet.’
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL
‘If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!’
4. My mother taught me LOGIC .
‘ Because I said so, that’s why.’
5.My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
‘If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.’
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
‘Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.’
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
‘Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.’
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
‘Shut your mouth and eat your supper.’
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .
‘Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!’
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA
‘You’ll sit there until all that SOUP is gone.’
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER ..
‘This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.’
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY
‘If I told you once, I’ve told you a million times. Don’t exaggerate!’
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE .
‘I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.’