Do you have some spare clothes you’ve been meaning to donate to charity? I’m ashamed to admit my “to donate someday” pile has been building up steadily for a year now – but somehow, irrationally, despite every good intention, I keep putting off that last little step of actually getting them to a donation bin.
If you have similarly good intentions you’d like to act on, now’s your chance to get those clothes to those in need!
This Sunday (January 31), Australian Red Cross is enlisting Uber drivers to pick up clothes on demand throughout nine locations, spanning:
- Sydney: CBD, Lower North Shore, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West
- Canberra: North and South Canberra
- Melbourne: CBD, North to Brunswick and Northcote, East to Kew and Hawthorn, South-East to Elsternwick and Malvern East, Dandenong
- Geelong: North Geelong to Corio and Norlane, South Geelong to Grovedale and Marshall, Central Geelong
- Adelaide: CBD and Surrounding Suburbs
- Perth: CBD, North to Joondalup, South to Cockburn
- Brisbane: CBD, South to Moorooka, North to Chermside, East to Murrarie, West to Indooroopilly
- Gold Coast: Southport to Coolangatta
- Sunshine Coast: Caloundra to Noosa Heads
The Starts at 60 community are divided when it comes to Uber. Some of us swear by it. Others prefer to stick with buses or taxis. Some readers have even become Uber drivers themselves to earn a little money on the side.
No matter where you stand, however, it’s hard to deny they’re doing something wonderful this weekend. Will you be giving it a go?
Click here to learn how to arrange your pickup.