Looking for a moisturiser that won’t break the bank and is effective? This two-ingredient homemade version will nourish and costs a fraction of the store-bought version.
Step 1: Choose a moisturising oil
- Sunflower oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- Rosehip seed oil
- Macadamia nut oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Castor oil
- Jojoba oil
- Coconut oil
- Shea butter
- Cocoa butter
Step 2: Choose an essential oil according to your skin type:
- All types: lavender, geranium, rose, and ylang ylang
- Dry skin: jasmine, chamomile, rosewood, and myrrh
- Oily skin: bergamot, patchouli, orange, and rosemary
- Red/irritated skin: cedarwood, tea tree, lemon, and frankincense
- Mature Skin: carrot seed, rose hip seed, clary sage, and neroli
Step 3: Make your moisturiser
In a small bowl with a whisk, mix 20-30 drops of your essential oils into 1/2 cup of your moisturising oil.
Transfer your moisturiser to a small jar or container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate. Done! All you need to do is apply to the skin and rub in til dissolved.