There is one recipe that beats all others in my house and it is this one. It is known as my signature curry and has, over the last decade, become a staple meal we simply can’t go without at least every few weeks. And, as it is easy to prepare, it sure is a winner! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 8 chicken thighs (about 1kg) – breast if you prefer
- 1 jar of dipping salsa (depending on how spicy you want your curry is how hot a salsa you choose)
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup of peanuts, crushed up into small chunks
- Chop the chicken into large chunks (not too small or it will disintegrate too much during cooking)
- Mix the salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy and ginger.
- Add to the chicken to a hot pan and cook until the chicken is sealed. Add the sauce and simmer.
- Serve on a bed of rice and garnish with a large handful of chopped coriander and a handful of crushed unsalted peanuts!