Next time you get a craving for chips, reach for this delicious (and much healthier) alternative instead. Try dipping them in aioli, or your favourite sauce.
Baking: 30 – 40 minutes – Serves: 6 (as a side)
- 700g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Slice the potatoes into long strips, 1cm wide.
- Combine the olive oil, smoked paprika, sea salt, pepper, and cumin and then toss the potato fries in the mixture.
- Scatter fries over the baking tray and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, turning once.
- Once baked, remove fries from the oven and toss in a mixture of beaten egg white, parsley, and garlic.
- Raise the temperature to 210 degrees and return fries to the oven.
- Bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes, but check regularly to make sure they do not burn.
- Serve hot.