We are getting closer to summer which means it is time for picnics by the lake, swimming in the ocean and working in the garden. Can you guess what small creature can ruin them all?
You guess it – mozzies!
Tis’ the season of mozzies and our aim this summer is to avoid getting bitten at all costs. The bonus is that you won’t need to use any chemically based products to do this. Take a look at this natural mozzie spray recipe below.
- 15 drops of lavender essential oils
- 15 drop of a choice of May Chang, tee tree oil, eucalyptus oil, rosemary, clove, cedar, mint or lemongrass
- 15 drops of a choice of May Chang, tee tree oil, eucalyptus oil, rosemary, clove, cedar, mint or lemongrass
- 500ml spray bottle
- 120ml of witch hazel, vodka or rubbing alcohol.
- Mix the lavender essential oil with the other two oils of your choice
- Add the witch hazel to the oils
- Pour to mixture into the spray bottle
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water
- Shake well for 30 seconds.
This recipe is safe to use on children but not infants. The mozzie spray is effective but because it is made of natural ingredients you will need to apply it frequently for best results.
Will you try this tip? Do you have a DIY mozzie repellent recipe to share with us?