Typical air fresheners are full of chemicals like benzaldehyde that are harmful to us and our little grandchildren. If you are worried about using chemically-based air freshener products then perhaps a DIY recipe is just what you need.
We have a recipe to make an organic version that ditches the toxic products. Plus, it is considerably cheaper than buying commercial brands.
Did we mention it is very easy to make?
- 1 tablespoon of bi-carb soda
- 1 tablespoon of cheap vodka
- 5-6 drops of your favourite essential oil (lavender, tea tree, etc.)
- Spray bottle
- In a small bowl mix the bi-carb soda, vodka and essential oil
- Pour the mixture into the spray bottle and then fill the rest of the bottle with water
- Shake the bottle for 30 seconds to ensure to baking soda dissolves in the water
- Use the freshener in any room: on couches, carpets, shoe or wherever is needed!
Will you try this tip? Do you have any other DIY air freshener methods to share?