How many of us have gone out and bought some nice new jars to store something in, only to have the price sticker leave behind its annoying and ugly looking residue when you try to peel it off? Many of us have heard that rolling the sticker with the palm of our hand works to remove the remaining sticker, however this doesn’t remove the actual stickiness. The following life hack is a great and easy way to remove the stickiness from almost any surface.
- Purchase a citrus-based surface cleaner. These come in a variety of brands and come under many different names. The important thing is that you double check that the product contains citric acid.
- If you don’t have this lying around, a lemon will work almost as well. At a pinch, a lime or orange could be used, but wouldn’t be as tough as a lemon cleaning agent.
- Apply a small amount of the cleaner or lemon onto a small inconspicuous area. Leave for five minutes. If the material isn’t marked or damaged in any way from the cleaner, then go ahead and cover the rest of the affected sticky area with the product.
- Again, leave for another five minutes.
- Rinse and wipe off. Polish if necessary. The sticky area should now be citric fresh.