Did you know that your slow cooker is not only for food? You can use it as a vaporiser to clean the air in your home. This will save you money since you won’t need to purchase a humidifier.
This is what you need to do:
- Half fill a clean can with water (this is more for weight so the can doesn’t float) however, if you use a heavy glass jar then you can use less water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Vicks (you can add as much as you wish).
- Place baking paper on the bottom of your slow cooker and put the can or glass jar on it (this is to stop the can from marking your insert).
- Fill insert to half way up the can.
- Leave lid off and place the slow cooker on high (you will need to leave on high so water is hot enough to heat the Vicks owing to the lid being off). The lid is left off so that more vapours are released.
- If you need to add more water, use hot water.
Image source: slowcookercentral.com
Will you try this in your home? Have you ever tried this life hack before?