If you don’t like nasty chemical repellents but want to get rid of those darn mozzies, this is a super effective mosquito trap using things you have at home! Follow these instructions and you will have no more mozzies.
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 bottle (2L)
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water and let it cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast – no need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area (mosquitoes are also drawn to the colour black).
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control!
Do you have another homemade solution for getting rid of mozzies? Share below!