It doesn’t matter what gender you are, hair loss can impact on the best of us at any time. Thinning hair and confidence in one’s self image are often correlated. While bald patches are common in men as time passes it can be hard to accept as a woman when this occurs. Modern medicine has certainly improved greatly over the years but sometimes a good old home remedy is exactly what you need.
This home remedy thickens hair and the best part is, it uses ingredients you most likely already have in your cupboard!
What you need:
- Honey- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil or Coconut oil- 1 tbsp
- Yoghurt or Buttermilk*- 1 tsp
*If your hair tends to be oily, you can use buttermilk instead of yoghurt to get results.
- Heat your oil till it is warm. Take care not to boil it.
- Add honey and yoghurt (or buttermilk) to warm oil.
- Mix ingredients well to get a well blended mixture.
- Wet your hair till it is throughly damp. Alternatively you can use this conditioner after washing your hair.
- Apply the conditioner to your hair. A suggestion is that you wear a shower cap to keep the heat in.
- Leave for roughly 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once in a week or fortnight.