The two most used utensils in the kitchen are a knife and cutting board. If you cut onions, herbs or meat; stains remain on the board. This is a conundrum to clean. As you use the board so often, it is important to disinfect after cutting food.
We have a great tip to disinfect your board that is natural and easy.
What you will need:
- Dirty cutting board
- Lemon cut in half
- Coarse salt (will act as an abrasive to get the stain out)
- Pour salt all over the board.
- Squeeze lemon and than use the same lemon to rub salt into the board. At this point you might need keep adding more salt.
- Do this until the lemon and salt pick up the stain colour. The stain and odour will now start to disappear.
- Wash off the remains in warm water.
- Dry the board upright. This will allow air to dry through the board not just on top.
Will you try this trick? Do you have a life hack to clean cutting boards easier?