How many candles do you own that have melted down into their holders which makes it impossible to light without burning yourself? Candles are a lovely way to set the mood for dinner or make the house smell yummy.
We have a fun spring activity to recycle your candles into a new full one.
What you need:
- Old candles
- Candle wicks (cost around $4)
- First place the glass candleholder in the freezer for a few hours. Once it is frozen the wax will shrink and pop right out the holder.
- Place all the wax into a small bowl (tip: make sure the different waxes will compliment each others scent). Then put the bowl in a pot of boiling water. It should take about 5 minutes for the candle to turn into a liquid.
- In the glass holder place the candle wick and wrap it around a popsicle stick or pencil. Place the pencil over glass holder so wick hangs down and will not fall over.
- Pour melted wax into the glass candle holder till fill. You can fill as many holders as the wax allows. Let the wax cool completely.
- Cut the wick to appropriate length. Now you can light and enjoy your new candle.
Will you try this trick? Do you have another DIY method to recycle candles?