Coca Cola is a contentious drink: some of us love it, some of us hate it, but we all can agree it’s relatively inexpensive and is good to use once in a while.
But what you may not have realised is just how affective this cola liquid is around the house! Here’s 16 of our favourite ways to use Coke:
1. Remove grease stains from clothing and fabric by rinsing in Coke then washing as normal.
2. Loosen a rusty bolt: pour on some Coke and wait around 30 minutes.
3. Put a small bowl of Coke near where ants and cockroaches lurk – it’ll kill them quickly.
4. Prevent an asthma attack by drinking two cups when you feel a coughing fit coming on.
5. Clean burnt pans by letting the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
6. Descale a kettle by boiling Coke in it and letting sit overnight.
7. Drink a glass of flat coke to soothe nausea.
8. Got the hiccups? Gargle a cup of Coke.
9. Clean a barbecue by pouring Coca Cola on to the grill and wiping off with a wet rag.
10. Pour flat Coke onto long hair, leave for a few minutes then rinse to get curly hair.
11. Clean tile grout: pour onto kitchen floor or tiles, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
12. Got a dirty pool? Add two 2-litre bottles of Coke to clear up the water. It removes rust!
13. Add Coke to your laundry to remove bad smells, especially fish.
14. Clean a toilet by using as you would an expensive toilet cleaner. Leave for 20 minutes and flush to have a sparkling bowl.
15. Mix 3/4 Coke with 1/4 water and use as a window cleaner.
16. If you have been bitten by a bug, stung by a bee or a jellyfish then you do not have to panic in pain, just pour some of the cola drink on the affected area and your pain will be gone quickly.