Coconut oil has become one of the “fad foods” but this one looks like it will stay. Why? Because it isn’t just a food for the health conscious, it is actually one of the most versatile products you will have in the kitchen! We did some research and found some of the best ways to use coconut oil from around the web.
Check them out here and tell us, do you use coconut oil for anything interesting or clever?
- Lighten age spots by rubbing coconut oil directly onto the skin
- Running a light dab on your fingertips through the ends of your hair will alleviate frizz and keep fly aways at a minimum
- My smoothing over freshly washed skin before bed coconut oil can make a deep, nourishing night cream
- Give your hair an intensive condition by rubbing coconut oil into dry hair, covering with a shower cap and leaving for a minimum of three hours before rinsing out
- Create a foot scrub by rubbing coconut oil mixed with sea salt onto areas of dry skin
- Mix with a small amount of baking soda and use as a whitening toothpaste
- Alleviate itchy or irritated skin on cats and dogs by lightly rubbing a small amount of coconut oil onto and around the affected area
- Rub coconut oil into your skin and wipe off with a warm cloth to remove all traces of heavy makeup
- Remove rust by rubbing a cloth saturated in coconut oil in small circles on the affect areas of metal items
- Restore stuck zippers by rubbing small amounts of coconut oil over them to ease them open
- Season cast iron cookware by scrubbing the pan with regular dish soap and water, then cover with a thick layer of coconut oil, bake in an oven for 30 minutes then repeat the same process.
- Reshine patent leather by buffing coconut oil into the surface and wiping clean.
- To relieve a sore throat, swallow a small dollop of coconut oil or add some to a herbal tea to stop the itching.
- To stop an insect bite from itching apply a small amount of coconut oil on the affect area.
So tell us, how do you use coconut oil?