Keeping your whites white can often be a difficult task. No matter how often you wash, or even bleach them they often fade to a more yellow shade, or even grey sometimes.
This can be very frustrating and often unnoticed until you place your ‘white’ top or bed linen near something else that actually is white. Once you notice the difference it can’t be unseen.
Here is a little recipe that might help.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cup of laundry detergent
- 1 1/2 cup of dishwasher detergent (powdered)
- 1 1/2 cup of bleach
- 1 cup borax
- Hot water
What to do:
- Mix the laundry detergent, dishwashing detergent, bleach and borax together and pour it into your washing machine or a laundry tub with enough hot water to cover your items.
- If you are putting it in your machine, start the cycle so it is agitates the whites. If you are doing it in a separate tub, move the whites around in the solution for a bit.
- Stop the machine after a minute or so and allow this to soak for a few hours, finish the rest of the cleaning or meet up with friends for a coffee.
- Run your whites through a full, normal cycle.