Most of us know the basic laws of our state and country, but did you know there are a lot of laws that still stand today that many of us may have broken?
Take a look at this hilarious list and tell us, which have you been guilty of?
1. It is illegal for children to purchase alcohol, cigarettes or condoms, but they are not prohibited from using them.
2. It is illegal to leave your car keys inside a vehicle that is unattended.
3. Walking on the right hand side of the road in Australia is illegal, even if you are walking on a footpath.
4. According to Vagrancy Act of 1966, you can be arrested for being near or inside a house that is used by thieves regularly.
5. Bars are supposed to have a stable, water and they should feed the horses that come with patrons.
6. If you are advertising a reward for finding lost or stolen objects, the advertisement must include a statement that no questions will be asked.
7. A recently passed law makes it illegal to come closer than one hundred metres from where a carcass of a dead whale is.
8. Changing a light bulb can get you into trouble with the law as only licensed electricians are allowed to change a light bulb even in private residence.
9. In Melbourne, vacuuming your house between 10pm and 7am during weekdays and 10pm and 9am during the weekends is against the law.
10. According to Summary Offenses Act of 1966, being heard by someone singing an obscene song can land you into trouble with the law
It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.
11. Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the boot.
12. It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday.