Fritters are a serious winner when it comes to easy and tasty dinners – or even lunches- and work so well because you can do so much with them. Once you have your base down you can add whatever you like to pimp out the flavour and pack in all your favourites. This zucchini version is great for anyone wanting a something a little naughty and a little nice… It’s got the zucchini for your daily greens hit, and plenty of cheese for that amazing flavour. If you want to mix it up a little, add some ham or bacon or grated carrot. Serve your patties up with a squeeze of lemon and a dollop of creme fraiche. Delish!
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here