Looking for a light, summery dessert? This cake has a delightful fruity taste thanks to the blueberries and a hint of lemon. You can even jazz it up with a drizzle of lemon flavoured glaze, but it’s delicious as is, plus so easy to create.
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup greek or natural yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the softened butter and sugar to a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each time.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and yoghurt to the bowl and beat until well combined. Add the flour and mix until thick. Fold the blueberries through the batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and smooth the top. Bake for 50 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool before serving. Yum!