When it comes to Christmas cooking, it doesn’t get much easier than this – mostly because these apricot balls don’t require any cooking at all! They’re super easy to make and are absolutely delicious as a pre-Christmas meal treat or great with a cup of tea after a long day with family and friends. They also make a great gift and look lovely stacked in a jar with a red ribbon tied around the top. Each ball is deliciously chewy and sweet thanks to the apricots and condensed milk, with the coconut bringing that subtle nutty flavour to tie it all together. Delish!
- 2 cups of apricots (the whole, fat and juicy ones)
- 400g tinned condensed milk
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Additional coconut for rolling
1. Blitz apricots in food processor until finely chopped, then pour apricots into bowl with condensed milk.
2. Combine apricots with condensed milk and desiccated coconut.
3. Spread remaining coconut on a plate, then roll mixture into little balls. Roll balls through coconut to coat.
4. Cover a tray or plate with baking paper and place balls on top. Leave in fridge for a few hours to set. Keep in a airtight container for up to eight weeks.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here