On a hot and sunny afternoon nothing goes down better than traditional lemonade!
When I was a kid, Grandma would always have a fresh jug of lemonade in the fridge and now that I am grown I find myself missing it dearly.
Children these days know lemonade as a fizzy clear drink, I fear they are missing out! We don’t seem to find lemonade like this in the shops anymore so here is a recipe that you can make at home with just a few ingredients.
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- lemon slices, to serve
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Place boiling water and sugar into a jug (heatproof).
- Stir water to dissolve sugar and set aside to cool completely. If you place it in the fridge it should not take long, approximately 1-2 hours.
- Strain lemon juice into mixture. It is best to use freshly squeezed lemons for this as it will give it a much more authentic taste. I don’t mind a bit of pulp in it but if you prefer it without just use a strainer when you pour it in.
- Add two cups of cold water and stir to combine.
- Add ice cubes and sliced lemon to the jug to serve.