This roasted pumpkin, sweet potato and mushroom lasagne is a great twist on the traditional meat lasagne. It’s also good for you – it’s low GI and filled with fibre and sodium. Not to mention it’s packed full of flavour and is easy to make.
- 200g pumpkin, diced into 1cm cubes
- 200g sweet potato, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 large sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 500ml skim milk
- 1/2 onion
- 1.5 tbsp plain flour
- 125g cottage cheese
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 sliced shallot
- 25g grated reduced fat cheese
- 120g dried lasagne sheets
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix pumpkin, sweet potato, rosemary, garlic and pepper in a bowl
- Place on a grease tray and bake for 20 minutes until golden
- Scald milk with onion and let sit for 10 minutes. Dilute the flour with a little water, add to the milk, simmer for 5 minutes and add the cheese.
- Spray lasagne dish with cooking oil and add a layer of lasagne sheets. Add 1/4 of the sauce and 1/4 of the pumpkin, potato, mushroom and shallot. Continue until all ingredients used
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 35-45 minutes and rest before serving.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Originally published here