This is a fantastic meal that you can prepare in advance. In fact, it can even tastes better as a leftover dish! With just three simple ingredients, the results are magical. Could this become a new household favourite?
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1-1.5 kg boneless beef chuck roast, tied with a string
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves, left unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C
- Coarsely chop tomatoes with their juice in a food processor.
- Place roast in a casserole dish with a lid (a tight fit is okay since it will shrink).
- Pour tomatoes over roast, carrots, and scatter garlic around it. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Braise in middle of the oven, covered, until tender (approximately 3 to 4 hours).
- Cut roast into thick slices and serve with sauce (garlic squeezed from its peels). We also recommend pairing it with orzo, mashed potatoes or crusty bread.