Lemon cake is a favourite tea-time treat and this version is one of the best. It uses almond and coconut flour instead of the regular type, while the yoghurt guarantees a nice moist finish. Pair it with a drizzle of cream or yogurt and a nice cuppa!
- 270g cups almonds
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon (approximately 2 heaped tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a bundt cake tin (ring tin) with oil.
- Put almonds in food processor and blitz to make almond meal (or you can use almond meal and skip this step).
- Add all the ingredients to the food processor with the almond meal EXCEPT for the coconut flour and blitz on medium speed for 30-60 seconds until thoroughly combined.
- Scrape down the sides then add the coconut flour and blitz again for a further 10-20 seconds.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.