This amazing cheesecake brownie is something to behold! A perfect blend of cheesecake, raspberries and brownie, it’s definitely a keeper. It looks spectacular sliced up, but it actually quite simple to put together. Serve it up warm for a mouthful of gooey goodness. You won’t be able to stop at just one!
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 400g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 110g plain flour, sifted
- 400g cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm lamington pan.
2. Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Cream the butter and 250g of the caster sugar until pale, then add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour. Spread three-quarters of the mixture into the lined pan.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar and eggs and the vanilla extract until smooth, then spread over the chocolate base.
5. Dollop the remaining chocolate mixture over the cream cheese layer and use a fork to swirl the chocolate. Poke the raspberries into the top and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. Set aside to cool, then cut into squares and serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.