These little biscuits are so fabulously simple and great. It’s an easy holiday biscuits to have around the house in case people pop by for a visit.
Ingredients: Makes 36
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
Prep: 30 minutes, cook: 14 to 18 minutes
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- In a bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth.
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 3cm balls, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make a small hole in the centre of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the icing sugar, 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle lightly over warm jam drops.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.