Any chance you can get to cook without turning the oven on in summer is always a winner and this delicious lemon and coconut slice makes the most of that. It’s super easy to whip up with the base ingredients all mixed together in a bowl and then refrigerated for an hour. The icing is simply spread over the top after the base has set and you’re good to go! It’s a delicious treat to enjoy on a hot day and is perfect for family gatherings and picnics, too. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter
- 250g milk arrowroot biscuits
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 3/4cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 15g butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut
1. Place condensed milk and butter in a saucepan. Stir over gentle heat until butter had melted and mixture has combined.
2.Crush biscuits very finely. Add lemon rind and coconut and mix well. Add warm milk and butter mixture to the biscuit crumb mixture. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
3. Press mixture in greased lamington tin. Refrigerate for 1hr.
4. Icing: Combine sifted icing sugar, lemon juice, and soft butter in a bowl. Mix well until smooth. Spread over chilled biscuit base and sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until icing is set. Cut into squares to serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here