For much of the country it’s way to hot right now to even be thinking about turning the oven on to bake up a storm. Enter the no-bake date and peanut slice! This delicious treat is packed with wholesome and (mostly) healthy ingredients and relies on natural sugars to bring the sweetness. There is an option to add a chocolate layer on top here and while it’s certainly delicious, you can skip it if you’re trying to be extra healthy. But why would you?! Keep it stored in the fridge for up to 10 days and enjoy with your morning or afternoon cuppa!
- 1 ½ cups pitted medjool dates (about 15-18 dates)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted (optional)
1. In a food processor add all the ingredients except the chocolate. Process until it turns into a stick clumpy ball
2. Line a tray with baking paper and spread mixture evenly across tray. To make sure it’s smooth, place another piece of baking paper over the top and run your hands over it until it feels smooth. Discard that second piece of baking paper after smoothing.
3. If using, pour melted chocolate over the top of the mixture, then place in fridge until set. Tip: to avoid cracking the chocolate when you cut into the slice, run the knife under hot water from the tap so it slices smoothly through the chocolate.