How good do these look?! These prawns are so tasty and perfect for a summer barbie. You can use peeled prawns or choose to leave the shells on for the cooking process if you prefer – the flavour will still get through to that lovely soft flesh. If you want to get a little fancy, you can also thread them through a skewer before cooking and serve them up like a kebab. Delish!
- 12 shell-on green banana prawns, or peel prawns
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
1. Mix sweet chilli sauce, the zest and juice of 1 lime and fish sauce together in a tray. Pick the coriander leaves and put to one side, then finely slice the stalks and add them to the tray. Deseed and finely slice the chilli and peel and finely grate the ginger, then scatter into tray. Crush in the garlic, then give everything a really good mix up. Add the prawns, then turn over a few times in the marinade to coat really well. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
2. Preheat barbecue or grill. Cook prawns on a hot barbecue for 3 to 4 minutes (if shells are on) or 2 to 3 minutes if peeled, or until golden and cooked through, turning every 30 seconds and basting with the remaining marinade.
3. Once cooked, remove to a serving board, squeeze over the juice from the remaining lime, sprinkle with the reserved coriander leaves, then serve with a fresh green salad, or as part of a barbecue spread.