Frozen yoghurt is always a great treat on a warm day and this lovely lemon version is made all the more special by the addition of ripples of lemon curd throughout.
Every mouthful is smooth and creamy, with little bursts of lemon curd for a citrusy finish. Best of all, you don’t need an ice cream maker! Just pout the mixture into a plastic container and leave to freeze overnight.
Serve as a delicious, light dessert after dinner and enjoy all summer long!
- 500g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Lemon curd
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80g) chilled unsalted butter
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
1. Make lemon curd: Whisk whole eggs, yolks and sugar in a saucepan until smooth, then place pan over a low heat. Add the butter, juice and zest and whisk continuously until thickened. Strain through a sieve into a sterilised jar. Allow to cool.
2. Place yoghurt in a large bowl. Stir lemon curd through in a rippled effect. Place mixture in a plastic container or mould and freeze overnight. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes before you want to serve it to allow it to soften.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.