Love Mars Bar slice but don’t want any of the usual nasties in it? You can enjoy this at home and the best part is it’s not packed full of sugar!
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cup dates (approx 14)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 cup dates (approx 8)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup (or sweetener of any type – honey or stevia)
- Blend almonds in a food processor and add remaining ingredients (besides water) and blend well.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time until it starts to stick together. You want it to be sticky but crumbly.
- Press into the base of a pan and put in the freezer
- Heat all filling ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring. When all the dates have melted and it starts thickening, take it off the heat.
- Allow to cool and then pour over the base. Put in freezer for 1 hour.
- Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the slice.
- Set overnight before slicing.