This is my Grandma’s recipe out of her old scrapbook. We always look forward to the combination of melt in your mouth meat with the tangy mustard sauce! The great part is that the sauce can be stored in your fridge for a week or sao, and is great on corned beef sandwiches.
- 3 carrots
- 1.5 – 2kgs silverside
- 2-3 medium onions, quatered
- 1-2 cups water
- Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup of water from the corned beef
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Put all ingredients for the corned beef into the slow cooker, cover and set to low for 12-24 hours OR high for 7-10 hours.
- For the sauce, mix water, flour, sugar, butter and dry mustard and bring to the boil.
- Take off the heat and beat in the well beaten egg and then the vinegar.
- Serve on plate with sauce and some greens and mashed or boiled potatoes