When it comes to chicken dinners, this one is extra special. Grandpa Wilson whips up this tasty meal for the family on weekends and it’s a hit with both the adults and the kids every time! The bacon turns nice and crispy on the outside, while the chicken stays tender and juicy on the inside. The mango chutney is the perfect finish and adds a surprising burst of flavour with every bite. Serve it up with some nice chunky cut potato wedges and you’ve got a total winner on your hands!
- 2 x chicken breast fillets
- 1 carrot
- 250g green beans
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 rashers bacon
- Toothpicks, to secure chicken
- coconut OR olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- Chunky cut roasted potato wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180℃. Lay out chicken breast on a cutting board and gently hit with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Set chicken aside.
2. Cut carrot and green beans into match sticks. Divid carrots and beans equally chicken breasts and place onto the left edge of each breast. From the left side, roll chicken over to wrap the carrot and beans tightly inside. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Lay out 2 bacon rashers next to each, with short end facing you. Place chicken wrap at the end closest to you and roll until to wrap chicken in bacon. Secure the bacon and chicken by inserting a few toothpicks through from top to bottom. Repeat with second chicken wrap and remaining bacon.
4. Drizzle a little coconut or olive oil in a large roasting pan then place chicken and bacon wrap onto pan. Top wraps with a tablespoonful each of mango chutney. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with crunchy potato wedges.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here