These tasty little muffins are a great snack to eat on the go or when you want something savoury to tide you over until your next meal. Plus, they’re gluten free, which is perfect for anyone out there who is intolerant or has family members who are. They’re super tasty and have plenty of fibre thanks to the veggies and the oat flour, which brings a whole new flavour into the mix. You can add whatever vegetables you like to the mix and if you want to make it a non-veggie version try adding some diced ham or cooked bacon. They especially delicious warmed up, so zap them in the microwave for a few seconds and top with a little butter before eating. Enjoy!
- ¾ cup red or yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 1 cup red onions, chopped
- 4 cups florets cauliflower, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cut gluten-free oatmeal flour
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven 180C. Grease two non-stick 12-cup mini muffin pans with cooking oil. In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until properly combined.
2. Using a spoon, fill muffin cups to the top. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add parmesan on top of each muffin. Bake for more 10 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
3. Wait to cool completely to remove from the mini muffin pans. Serve warm!
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here