This delicious florentine slice recipe is absolutely perfect! It has just the right amount of crunch thanks to the cornflakes and a beautiful mix of flavours thanks to mixed citrus peel, glace cherries and condensed milk. You can follow the recipe as is, or mix it up and add your own favourites instead. Try macadamias and juicy chopped figs if you want to get a little fancy… You know what they say though – nothing beats the original!
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped, plus 50g extra, melted
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cupscornflakes
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 100g packet glace cherries, halved
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon mixed peel
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180C (160C fan-forced). Line an 18 x 28cm slab pan with foil. Spray lightly with oil. Melt chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Spread into prepared pan. Chill until set.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients in mixing bowl. Mix well to coat with condensed milk. Spread evenly over chocolate base. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool. Drizzle with chocolate before cutting into triangles.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.