This lamb curry is a real winner and is packed with flavour and easy to make. The hardest part will be waiting for it to cook; the other steps and ingredients are simple! In fact, this recipe will make you look like a real chef.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons rogan josh curry paste
- 1.5kg diced lamb leg
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 500g tomatoes, diced
- Steamed Basmati rice and coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in saucepan over high heat and add onion; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add lamb to pan; stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add yoghurt, tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until curry comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, uncovered for 1 hour 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened and lamb is tender.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with coriander.
Tell us, what is your favourite curry recipe?
If you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here